Reality vs. Media Hype
Both of the photos on this page are important for the following reasons:
1. David Rubin, an Orthodox Jewish man and former Mayor of Shiloh, Israel… is our friend. Knowing I am a Messianic follower of Yeshua, he also knows that his faithful Bible following family and friends can have genuine fellowship with those of us who believe the Book and rejoice in his courageous return to the ancient homeland of Israel. As Amos the prophet says, “never to be uprooted again.
2. You see the three of us on Mount Ephraim, overlooking ancient Shiloh, as the Tanach prophesied in 32 passages. “West Bank?” Not so! This is the heartland of God’s promised land and the Jewish people are back, as He said we would be… Let this image burn in your mind when the media hype threatens to turn you cold regarding the importance of Israel.
3. As a survivor of Islamic terror, along with his 3 year old son, Reuben (they were shot on the road in the background!)… David established the Shiloh Israel Children’s Fund [SICF] to provide therapeutic treatment for PTSD suffered by Jewish children in Israel. Katharine and I have supported the work since we met David in 2003. As a therapist myself, I understand the challenges to recovery faced by these precious children.
4. As the second photo displays, so-called “settlements” are actually gorgeous communities of vibrant families willing to take the Bible seriously and build a life of love and joy in spite of the surrounding nations’ hatred and jealousy. They deserve our support and prayers!
5. In a candid and humorous moment, David said that Jews and Christians are both looking for Messiah, and when He comes, David will either lift his hands like one of the enthusiastic believers he has met, or the gentile seekers of Messiah will get a crash course in “davening” [rocking Jewish prayer custom]…
Myles & Katharine