A 70 Year Miracle… and Counting!
Today is the 70th anniversary of Israel’s rebirth and marks a profound prophetic season. Seventy has a recurring prominence in the Bible:
- Israel in Egypt had its beginnings with Joseph rising in power in Pharaoh’s court and Jacob migrating his entire household into the land. A total of 70 Israelites started a nation WITHIN another nation that would grow to more than two million by the Exodus.
- After reading the covenant God gave him to read to the people, Moses took 70 elders, along with Aaron and his sons, up Mount Sinai to have a special meal with God himself Exodus 24:9 – 11!
Moses appointed 70 elders – Numbers 11:16
- During the Temple times, 70 sacrifices were made by Israel on behalf of the surrounding nations.
- Ancient Israel spent a total number of 70 years in captivity in Babylon Jeremiah 29:1 Seventy is also specially connected with Jerusalem.
- The city kept 70 years of Sabbaths while Judah was in Babylonian captivity Jeremiah 25:11.
- 70 sevens (490 years) were “determined upon Jerusalem” for it to complete its transgressions, to make an end for sins and for everlasting righteousness to enter into it Daniel 9:24
- 70 disciples were sent out by Yeshua on a ‘training mission’ to preach the gospel [with signs and wonders!] to the surrounding area (Luke 10).
And of course, the 70th year of a modern miracle – Israel as a restored nation… the greatest prophetic sign of the Bible’s veracity, God’s covenant love and the return of the King!