Today marks the 9th day of the month of Av (Tisha B’Av), held in awe and with contemplative reverence by the Jewish people. It ends three weeks of introspective “teshuvah”(repentance) during which our jewish people remember dark times in our history. The unbelieving report of the ten spies in Numbers 13 marks the traditional inception of these dark times. Later in Jewish history, BOTH temples were destroyed on Tisha B’Av…in 586 BC and 70 AD. Persecutions, exiles, and martyrdom befell our people on the SAME date in history, including the onset of the Spanish Inquisition in 1492!
- to pray for Israel’s well-being and freedom from war
- for the Jewish people to know Messiah, who is Sar Shalom ( Prince of Peace)
- for Muslims to be delivered from the darkness of their doctrines of death
- for our families to know the Lord
- for our own nations to become part of the solution, not the problem, by abandoning Anti-Semitic and Anti-Zionist policies
- and so on…as “prisoners of hope”…we can ask God for great things at this time…as great in their goodness as the Tisha B’Av events were historically tragic